Internal Control and Risk Management Senior Specialist
Would you like to take part in the development of effective and efficient risk management solutions? We are now looking for a Internal Control and Risk Management Specialist to strengthen our team responsible for risk management and internal control framework over financial reporting.
In Nordea, we know that great customer experiences require a team that leads the way in first-class service and operations. We’re more than just a Nordic bank, we’re one of the largest employers in Poland. With us, you’ll work with skilled, international teams in a bright, modern office. The lively and collaborative atmosphere offers plenty of opportunities to learn and grow as you build your career with us.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the Accounting Key Controls (AKC) team. We add value by setting and maintaining high quality internal control standards over financial and regulatory reporting within Nordea Group. As Senior Specialist you will contribute in improving the quality of financial and regulatory reporting processes and you will play a key role in evaluating and monitoring internal controls.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the annual scoping of Nordea’s internal control framework over financial and regulatory reporting.
- Managing regular internal control self-assessment and attestation processes.
- Execution of the annual control monitoring plan, and reporting material deficiencies, risks and issues to senior management.
- Liaising with second line of defence, internal and external auditors to ensure timely and efficient control monitoring approach and sufficiency of coverage.
- Developing and maintaining close partnership with stakeholders across the organisation to drive enhanced framework compliance.
- Providing advice / guidance and training to relevant stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of the control framework, control design, and the impact of their control(s) on the Group’s financial and regulatory reporting.
- Maintaining the centralised internal control administration application and ensure system performance and functionalities are appropriately set up to facilitate high quality and effective control documentation and attestation.
- Drive continuous improvement activities to institutionalize culture of strong internal controls.
- Implement advanced digital solution to increase effectiveness and efficiency of risk management and internal controls over financial data quality.
The role is based in Warszawa.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Are a self-motivating and result-oriented professional with a curious mind.
- Thrive in learning and trying new things, and youre excited about bringing your ideas to the table.
- Are dependable and courageous, willing to speak up even when its difficult.
- Are a team player with a mindset that the whole is stronger than one.
- Enjoy collaborating with others.
- Are passionate about making a difference.
- Take pride in delivering high quality outcome.
Your experience and background:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally in a large bank, professional services firm (Big 4) or audit or internal controls related experience or similar
- Bachelors or higher degree preferred in Finance, Accounting or similar
- Professionally certified or in the process of obtaining certification, CA/CPA preferred
- Expert knowledge of standard risk and control frameworks (e.g. COSO/COBIT)
- Experience in providing and delivering assurance over regulatory requirements (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley, BASEL, COREP/FINREP) is essential
- Expert ability to identify risks and articulate process and control weaknesses, with a proven ability to recognise and advise on the remediation of control ineffectiveness
- Fluency in English at a professional level
- Expertly skilled in MS excel or data analytics a clear advantage
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 07/01/2022.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: https://www.nordea.com/en/doc/privacy-policy.2021.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.