Mid / Senior Data Scientist
PwC is a powerful network of over 250.000 people across 158 countries. All committed to deliver quality in Assurance, Tax, Advisory & Technology services. Match your curiosity with continuous opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact. Be who you are and be a game changer.
We are looking for candidates eager to develop their skills in the field of applied data science. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to test your machine learning skills by helping out with development of ML applications and estimation of ML / econometric models. You’ll work closely with internal stakeholders and PwC clients, predominantly from the Financial Services sector.
As a Data Scientist you will be tasked with developing analytical solutions using Python, PySpark, SQL Server and other data science libraries / technologies. You will manage parts of large projects and run smaller projects on your own. You will support clients in in-depth understanding of the key-drivers for their current and future success and solving the strategic and operational problems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- building ML models based on business requirements and available data;
- implementing data science functionalities in applications, supporting their integration with other services;
- researching and introducing data science solutions in Spark (with Python);
- participating in product development cycle activities: defect management, resolution process, Git repository maintenance, new feature design and implementation;
- maintaining documentation (technical descriptions, user guides, business playbooks);
- collaborating with international and diverse teams;
- working in Agile software development model.
It is expected that you will grow professional expertise through seeking knowledge, skills and hands-on experience in Data Science (through on-the-job learning, external events, conferences and training) as well as share your acquired knowledge with junior staff.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Data Science — working understanding of popular ML algorithms and ability to use them in business environment;
- Advanced analytical skills including very good knowledge of SQL and Python, PySpark experience is a plus;
- Experience with analysis of large data sets;
- Problem solving skills, ownership — accountability for the quality and success of the outcome of your work;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills — essential in day-to-day cooperation with clients and the team;
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent working conditions and a friendly working atmosphere;
- Attractive compensation with additional benefits package;
- Opportunity to develop skills in statistical modelling embedded in business reality;
- Gaining knowledge and experience in the practical use of technology centered around; big data on projects carried out for companies from different sectors;
- Dynamic, project-driven work environment.
Send your application today! In case you have any additional questions, contact us: pl_ITrecruitment@pwc.com.