Internal Audit Overview: The global Internal Audit Department is an independent and objective function reporting directly to the Audit Committee of the Aon plc Board of Directors. The global department has approximately 70 team members located primarily in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong. The department’s primary mission is to provides risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight to enhance and protect organizational value. Internal Audit is an advocate for risk mitigation and control, and proactively assists Aon management by identifying and recommending ways to manage business risks.
Role Description: The Senior Auditor is a developing audit professional who is primarily responsible for participating in audit projects of Aon business units to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls in both design and application. The Senior Auditor is also responsible for performing and/or assisting in corporate investigations, ad-hoc special projects, and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance activities.
- Participating in audits evaluating the adequacy of controls for Aon business units and/or key business processes. Included in this responsibility are:
- Demonstrating knowledge and understanding of assigned areas under review, including processes, risks and controls, and is able to document the processes accurately and completely.
- Assisting Audit Project Manager and/or Audit Senior Managers in the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned audit areas to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated.
- Completing audit test procedures, including maintaining appropriate testing documentation to support audit results.
- Identifying potential audit findings, drawing conclusions, developing recommendations noted from the review and communicating to the Audit Project Manager
- Confirming all audit findings to ensure full understanding with management throughout and at the conclusion of the examination by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operations and/or reductions in costs
- Assisting in development of the formal audit finding and recommendation for inclusion in the audit report.
- Participating in ad-hoc projects, investigations and/or any other required activities including Sox 302 & 404 activities.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative to complete audit assignments.
- As required, providing assistance to external auditors during their interim and annual reviews of the company.
- As a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location
- Advanced technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to interface and build professional relationships with management of the area under review
- Builds productive working relationships with peers both internally and externally.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices.
- Organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to focus on details and perform all required functions timely and with accuracy.
- The ability to learn and develop a competency/understanding of Aon operations including policies and procedures and apply them to assignments.
- 2-5 Years Professional Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or comparable business degree.
- Professional designations/certifications, such as Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, etc., are preferred.
- The best medical cover on the market with free dental care
- Generous benefits package for your wellbeing (multisport cards, insurance, vouchers, and many more!)
- Stability of employment and permanent contract after trial period
- Brand new office supporting collaboration, flexibility and activity based working
- Internal career opportunities and individual development plan
- Unique workplace culture - we value openness, honesty and authenticity, so don’t expect formal dress code nor managers hidden behind closed doors
- Lots of social events, charity actions and opportunities to integrate with colleagues